Job Description - Host / Hostess
Position Reports to: General Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Leader
Subordinate Staff: None
Basic Functions: Greets guests as they enter and exit the restaurant. Seats guests according to restaurant seating chart and proper server rotation. Ensures smooth function of the restaurant in guest seating and timing.
1. Warmly greets and acknowledges guests upon arrival.
2. Seats guest appropriately according to server rotation, to include procuring high chairs as needed, handing menus to each guest when seated, placing wine list on table, and clearing any extra settings from the table.
3. Creates waitlists as needed during busy times.
4. Accurately takes reservations when needed and when approved by MOD - ensure guest name, phone number, number in party, date and time of reservation.
5. Accurately maintains restaurant seating chart throughout the shift.
6. Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
7. Warmly thanks guest for the service as they exit the restaurant.
8. Performs additional responsibilities as requested by a manager at any time.
9. Assist in bussing tables when needed
10. Warmly answers phones