Broadstep - Wisconsin, Inc.
Position RN Case Manager (Residential)
SUMMARY: This position.is tasked with the evaluation and implementation of health care plans for individual patients, providing effective and efficient medical care while managing the costs of treatment. An RN Case Manager also acts as a liaison between individuals, their families, doctors, and health care providers. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and advocate for behavioral health centered/directed care to team members, families, physicians, allied health professionals and the at-large community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assumes responsibility for assigned caseloads.
• Arranges necessary health-care services for individuals requiring nursing services
• Evaluates and executes appropriate treatment for referred individuals with emphasis on quality of care, continuity of services, and cost-effectiveness.
• Conducts initial assessment and establishes a plan of care for individuals in accordance with physician orders and individual needs.
• Completes documentation including visit assessment . Verbal orders accurately and promptly and within the standards.
• Communicates with physicians to confirm and update individuals' plan of care. Provides status updates and ensures ongoing communication with the physician and other members of the care team.
• Provides direct individual care and adjusts nursing care processes as needed. Identifies problems, modifies nursing care plan, and evaluates outcomes within an appropriate time frame. Advises and consults with family and other personnel, as appropriate.
• Provides on-going assessment of individual response to treatments and teaching and applies interventions as appropriate. Updates and revises plan of care as indicated.
• Facilitates the discharge planning process according to standards and utilizes resources to assure continuity of care after discharge. Participates in developing the discharge plan with the individual/family, physician, social worker, and other care team members as appropriate.
• Participates in chart audits and continuous quality improvement activities as requested. Identifies, develops, and participates in process improvement opportunities that will enhance the quality of the services provided.
• Maintains and updates accurate clinical and individual records according to agency, state, and federal guidelines.
• Possess a valid, state-specific Registered Nursing license
• A valid driver's license issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles
• Experience in clinical nursing.
• Prior case management experience preferred.
• Associates Degree Nursing required; Bachelor's in Nursing preferred.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.