Intellectual Concepts LLC is currently recruiting Senior Application Software Engineer. This will be a full-time position based in Atlanta.
The SASE is responsible for building the IT team for IC. This will include working with stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, design, build, and test new software features and functionality, API development, and investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects. Additional manage onsite technology team of 2.
Essential Job Duties:
- Expertise with implementing application in a virtual environment
- Expertise in creating application architecture, data flow diagrams and evaluating system for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Design, development and implementation of new features and resolution of defects
- Assign and oversee work products of the team
- Assist HR with recruiting the IT staff
- Guide the stakeholders with the IT directions and recommendation for the end product
- Communicate system architecture to stakeholders and collaborate and coordinate with other developers to adopt new technologies, procedures, and IT standards
- Champion coding best practices
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Reading and comprehending software requirements, and assisting with estimating efforts
- Assisting in troubleshooting software application and configuration issues
- Assisting with application deployments which include installation, configuration, and testing
- Producing technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations
- Bachelor's and following related experience
- Application architecture logical and entity framework-based design experience
- 5+ Experience with Application Architecture, Application design, Application refactoring, micro-services and web services
- 5+ Experience with architecting and designing application interfaces
- 5+ year experience with coding languages like Java, .Net, Python
- Experience in object-oriented languages (like Java or C#) and related frameworks
- Experience and passion for building highly scalable service
- Experience with open source tools and frameworks is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Identify the tools required to support the application environment
- User Interface (UI) design using wireframe tools and framework.
- Mastery of writing SQL queries against a relational database
- Mastery of modern product development processes and pipelines
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Proficient in effective system monitoring and log analysis techniques
- Capable of understanding complicated systems quickly
- Experience in guiding more junior team members through SDLC.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, self-driven and long-term strategic thinker
- Able to see the ‘big picture' and understand the holistic approach to process improvement and innovation
- Able to motivate, gain buy in, and effectively solicit input from staff affected by the changes and improvements in business processes
- To continue process innovation, must be determined, self-motivated, and with excellent interpersonal skills
- Capable of managing work with shifting priorities
- Able to manage and coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously
- Self-performer with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment while driving for results
This position reports to the IC Program/Project Manager.
About Intellectual Concepts:
IC provides technical assistance, analytical services, and project implementation for EPA related Environmental Justice programs. Since 2010 Intellectual Concepts has collaborated with federal and local government providing SMEs, process and IT solutions to meet the customer required objects.
IC welcomes and supports a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and for IC employees. IC makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at IC. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities.