The Difference Starts With YOU
Calloway & Associates, Inc. strives to create value for our employees and customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Here at Calloway, we 'are' the difference.
If you have experience as Legal Assistant, consider joining our team! We are seeking talent such as yours to work with our client, the US Attorneys' Office in Louisville, KY.
If you have the experience and qualifications as stated below, we would like to hear from you.
Calloway & Associates, Inc., a Disability/Military friendly company, gives preferential consideration to U.S. Military Veterans or Veteran family members.
Visit us at www.calloway-assoc.com.
The Legal Assistant (Criminal) will be:
• Providing a variety of direct legal and administrative support services to the office. Typical
• Examining, preparing, and processing a variety of technical legal documents which are
characteristically voluminous and complex in format.
• Reviewing incoming material and independently determining the need for the assembly and
preparation of a variety of legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, search and tracking
warrants, subpoenas, etc., ensuring all documents are in conformance with rules governing style and
• Preparing discovery packages for distribution, ensuring discovery is complete and necessary
redactions are made.
• Providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation by performing duties such as
independently compiling notebooks, compiling witness and exhibit lists, and organizing discovery
• Establishing and maintaining a variety of files. Ensures appropriate filing is accomplished
correctly and timely.
• Composing original letters that do not require legal interpretations, but do require a good
working knowledge of legal procedures and specialized terminology, e.g., discovery and proffer
letters, requests for extensions of time in certain cases, declination letters for law enforcement
• Providing a variety of direct clerical and administrative support assistance services to the
Typical assignments include:
• Receiving visitors and telephone callers.
• Furnishing requested information concerning pending and closed matters and cases, functions, and
general procedures of the office. Determining which matters should be referred to the AUSA and the
urgency of the matter.
• Performing docketing duties such as opening, updating, and closing cases through use of the
automated case tracking system. As necessary, searches database for required information.
• Maintaining calendar of assigned active cases. Using calendaring software, maintaining
calendar(s) of the AUSA(s) by scheduling court appointments, interviews, and conferences, and
providing reminders of commitments and court appearances.
• Developing and maintaining suspense system for ongoing cases and informing the AUSA of pending
dates and deadlines.
• Maintaining filing and ensuring all documents required for court hearings, interviews, and
scheduling conferences are promptly and accurately placed in the case file.
• Producing a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software
applications. For example, assignments may include integrating output from different software
types, e.g., tables produced by database applications and charts and graphs produced by electronic
spreadsheet applications, into word processing or desk top publishing text. Products include complicated tables, graphs and charts which may be incorporated into legal documents or courtroom presentations. Ensures proper format, spelling,
punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
4.0 BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR PARALEGAL / LEGAL ASSISTANT II SERVICES
The Contractor shall provide personnel with knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties
as specified in the Statement of Work.
At a minimum, the candidate must have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Two (2) years in a legal setting;
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, word processing, document management and review, file
management systems, and data entry;
• Proficiency with office technology, including but not limited to computers, fax machines, and
• Proficiency in organizational skills and the ability to multitask assignments
• A U.S. Citizenship;
• Contractor Security Clearances – All contractor personnel shall successfully pass a minimum
background investigation with sensitivity Level 2 and complete an SF86 prior to starting work
Calloway & Associates, Inc. Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Group Life/AD&D insurance
- AFLAC Voluntary Benefit Program
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- 11 Federal Holidays Observed
- 401(k) Plan
- On Time On Target Attendance Bonus Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Service Excellent Performance Program
Disclaimer: Calloway & Associates, Inc. provides support to federal government clients. As such, we may be required to have our employees fully vaccinated for COVID-19. By applying for this position, you understand you may be required to disclose your vaccination status as a condition of employment.
Calloway & Associates, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Calloway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Jackie W. Johnson, Human Resources (919) 747-7488 or Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org.