The Difference Starts With YOU
Calloway & Associates, Inc. strives to create value for our employees and customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Here at Calloway, we 'are' the difference.
If you have experience as a Legal Assistant, consider joining our team! We are seeking talent such as yours to work with our client, US Attorney's Office, Ft. Worth, TX.
If you have the experience and qualifications as stated below, we would like to hear from you.
Calloway & Associates, Inc., a Disability/Military friendly company, gives preferential consideration to U.S. Military Veterans or Veteran family members.
Visit us at www.calloway-assoc.com.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The contractor shall provide an entry-level legal assistant capable of performing the following duties after basic training by the USAO on specific office procedures, software programs and equipment:
- Maintain and update calendars for assigned prosecutors and check prosecutors mail daily, if requested. Schedule prosecutor's meetings with agents, witnesses, etc. Reserve conference rooms for meetings, trial prep and trial.
- Update internal database(s) with defendant(s) and case information, court settings/hearings, etc.
- Assist prosecutors in preparing and submitting administrative request forms (transcript requests, etc.), and preparing indictment packets, subpoenas, and other court related filings, e.g., complaint and arrest warrant packets, search warrant packets, grand jury subpoenas, trial subpoenas, court notices, exhibit lists, etc. When appropriate, will also send pertinent court filings and documents to case agents, e.g., indictments, arrest warrants, case agent letter, judgments, etc.
- File documents with the Clerk's office, as needed.
- Assist prosecutors and legal administrative specialists in organizing voluminous case information. Generally, legal administrative specialists will scan/load and index documents into a legal case management database. The legal assistant will assist with these responsibilities and perform data entry and indexing, as needed.
- Assist with special projects as determined by the prosecutors and legal administrative specialists.
- The legal assistant will maintain the prosecutors case files and ensure they contain the pertinent documents, as well as assist with uploading/saving court filings and other documents to the appropriate cloud drives.
- Work closely with legal administrative specialists when preparing for trial and may assist with preparing photo boards, maps, charts, and other exhibits, as needed. Will also assemble trial notebooks for use by prosecutors, judges, defense counsel and witnesses.
- When appropriate, will close case files, close the same case in an internal database, and purge the appropriate documents before providing the closed files to the docketing personnel.
Calloway & Associates, Inc. Benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Group Life/AD&D insurance
- AFLAC Voluntary Benefit Program
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- 11 Federal Holidays Observed
- 401(k) Plan
- On Time On Target Attendance Bonus Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Service Excellent Performance Program
Disclaimer: Calloway & Associates, Inc. provides support to federal government clients. As such, we may be required to have our employees fully vaccinated for COVID-19. By applying for this position, you understand you may be required to disclose your vaccination status as a condition of employment.
Calloway & Associates, Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Calloway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Jackie W. Johnson, Human Resources (919) 747-7488 or Jackie.email@example.com .