Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client-centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave and holiday pay, employer-paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
The Family Support Services (FSS) team at FSA is growing! The FSS Child Care Provider will provide essential child care during parenting and relationship classes. The Child Care Provider will work collaboratively with co-Child Care Providers, program participants, and FSA staff to promote safe, nurturing, and enriching child care for participants’ children.
There are three (3) child care positions available. The Child Care Provider hours will vary and work will be available on an intermittent/as-needed basis. This position is based out of FSA’s Santa Maria location.
FSA strives to be a trauma-informed and resilience-oriented organization. Because working with those impacted by trauma can affect staff in various ways, FSA actively identifies and employs methods to support staff to embody a healthy and sustainable balance of care for both themselves and others.
Sample Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide basic, safe childcare for children ranging in ages from adolescents to infants.
- Lead fun and enriching activities for children.
- Model and coach the Nurturing Parenting philosophy.
- Promote a hospitable and welcoming environment for all children and parents.
- Correspond with parents to provide feedback as necessary.
- Assist with site set up and clean up for each child care session.
- Participate in any relevant orientations and trainings.
- Attend necessary team meetings.
- Comply with confidentiality standards.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with co-parent partners.