|The Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Subject to its constitutional and statutory rights as a religious organization, it is the policy of the Academy to extend equal opportunity for employment and to not discriminate on the basis of listed categories in any federal, state, or local laws applicable to the Academy, except where a prohibition on discrimination is inconsistent with the religious beliefs or exercise of the Academy. The equal opportunity for employment will apply to all employment decisions and all phases of employment. When necessary, and as required by state or federal law, the Academy shall provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. As a religious organization, the Academy reserves the right, in all of its employment decisions and policies, to prefer individuals who share its faith and who are committed to carrying on its religious beliefs, message, and mission. By accepting employment with the Academy, an individual agrees to faithfully follow the religious beliefs of the Academy as outlined in the Statement of Faith and to do nothing to undermine its religious mission.
If hired, I understand my employment is at-will as permitted under applicable state law. I understand this means that either the company or I may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason with or without notice or cause.
Scottsdale Christian Academy
Part Time: 2-Day Preschool Teacher (Tuesday and Thursday full day)
Start Date: The position will start August 2023
Report To: Elementary Principal
Description: We are seeking an individual who is passionate about Christian education and is called to work with youth, desiring them to grow in their understanding of subject matter with a biblical perspective. Beyond preparing lessons and grading assignments, this applicant will also take on routine responsibilities common to all SCA teaching staff. Our teachers are responsible for fulfilling the mission of Scottsdale Christian by equipping minds through engaging, innovative instruction and nurturing hearts by mentoring young people as a spiritual leader and role model. This teacher will report directly to the Elementary Principal. To support the mission of SCA, the candidate should:
- Strive to lead students to the realization of their self-worth in Christ and motivate them to accept God's gift of salvation and grow in their faith. Philemon 1:6, “I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.”
- Seek to model in speech, actions, and attitudes, a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Show by example the importance of prayer, scripture memorization and study, witnessing, and unity in Christian fellowship.
- Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum. Romans 12:2, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Qualifications include: The candidate must be a professing and maturing Christian enthusiastically supporting SCA’s statement of faith and mission statement. Training in elementary education is preferred. Experience in early education and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or a related field from an accredited college are required. Candidates should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to develop authentic relationships with young adults, and to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement. In addition, the position requires the ability to organize and prioritize work, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple priorities to ensure that goals are met. Strong technology skills are preferred.
Compensation: SCA offers competitive salaries.
- Display a deep knowledge of Early Childhood Development.
- Display the ability to connect Biblical Truth to the students’ lives.
- Display the ability to teach children about core concepts, such as numbers, letters, shapes, and colors.
- Establish standards of behavior that promote student learning.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment for students.
- Use creative, hands-on methods of learning, such as artistic expression, free play, and storytelling.
- Encourage and monitor appropriate social interaction of students.
- Communicate with parents to learn more about each child’s life outside the classroom.
- Create reports to inform parents about their children’s progress at school.
- Attain an ACSI 2-year Temporary Certificate within the first year of employment.
- Other duties as assigned
SCA seeks Christian professionals who are Christ-centered, competent, compassionate, of high character, and who are impassioned in their field and relational. For this position, if you are gifted in the areas listed above, we welcome you to consider applying for this position. The mission of Scottsdale Christian Academy is to maximize the God-given potential of each student, preparing them for lives of distinction, by impacting the world for Jesus Christ.
The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. This job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. It may be revised when necessary.
Performance will be evaluated by the manager to whom this position reports in accordance with this job description and the expectations of the administrators at SCA.
SCA offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience.