Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for a Graduate Surveyor (LSIT) or Land Surveyor (LS) to join our team in Algona, IA or Fairmont, MN in serving our Southern Minnesota and Central Iowa clients. In this role you will be able to build your career and have a diverse workload including boundary, topographic, re-monumentation, ALTA, platting and construction staking projects.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with scheduling and quality control for field and office work tasks
- Perform boundary survey fieldwork that includes operating robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors, construction staking, shoveling and lifting heavy objects; operating motor vehicles and small power equipment; recording data in field books
- Assist with preparation of right-of-way plats, certified survey maps and boundary surveys
- Assist with writing and interpretation of easement descriptions
What we are looking for:
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience as an LSIT or LS, preferred
- Current licensure as LSIT or LS for the State Iowa and/or State of Minnesota
- Strong interpersonal written & verbal communication skills
- Good time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software. (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation)
- Working knowledge of specialized software processes for managerial, supervisory and QA/QC purposes appropriate to the area of practice
- Requires frequent travel, may include extended overnight stays
- Possess valid driver’s license
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.