Position: Chef de Partie
Reports To: Chef de Cuisine
The Quin is Boston’s newest private members-club dedicated to bringing together a diverse group of leaders, creators, and innovators who are interesting and interested in leaving a lasting impact in the community. In reflecting The New Boston, we don’t just care about what you do, but rather, who you are. We are a small, nimble team of hospitality and real estate industry experts looking for passionate, creative thinkers to join our team. Join us on our mission to create a community of impact for generations to come.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate is an upbeat professional who enjoys the culinary arts providing members with a one of a kind culinary experience. They enjoy being part of a start-up environment and are committed to be a team player. They should have a desire to provide a high-quality culinary experience, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
Prep and cook foods of exceptional quality for our members and their guests. Ensure that food is served in a timely manner in accordance with The Quin service standards and ensuring high member satisfaction and an exceptional dining experience.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
- Assist Chef de Cuisine in planning, organizing, and leading department operation
- Act as culinary leadership on duty in absence of Chef de Cuisine
- Cooks food of high quality according to standard recipes.
- Manages multiple cold and hot stations
- Assists with the preparation, presentation, decoration and storage of all food items.
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus, ingredients, out of stock items and current specials in all applicable venues
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side work checklist
- Works in a clean in an organized manner keeping assigned stations and service areas maintained during shifts
- Assists other team members as needed, both with and without the direction of management
- Maintains positive and effective communication with team members and managers regarding all relevant information, special considerations and/or concerns pertaining to our members
- Re-stocks items and supplies as needed and alerts management of shortages
- Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the management
- Attends all informational meetings
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs for The Quin
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of food cooked
- Assists in providing training opportunities for team new members.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Assist in the investigation of member complaints regarding food quality and service
- Assume additional tasks assigned to you by your direct supervisor or any manager of The Quin that are reasonable requests
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 5 years of cooking experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years progressive supervisory experience in a culinary setting preferred
- Experience in a hotel or restaurant preferred
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, second language is a plus
- Detail oriented, good prioritization and follow up skills
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Employment Legislation, and demonstrated knife skills and safe food handling practices preferred.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- SERV Safe or equivalent certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Culinary arts or a related field education or experience preferred
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.