The Quin is Boston’s newest private members-club dedicated to bringing together a diverse group of leaders, creators, and innovators who are interesting and interested in leaving a lasting impact in the community. In reflecting The New Boston, we don’t just care about what you do, but rather, who you are. We are a small, nimble team of hospitality and real estate industry experts looking for passionate, creative thinkers to join our team. Join us on our mission to create a community of impact for generations to come.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate is a driven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is passionate about anything food & beverage, hospitality, people, talent development, teambuilding and people culture champion. They enjoy being part of a start-up environment and is committed to be a team player. They should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, have keen financial acumen, excellent people leadership skills, question proposed processes and initiatives, an abundance of creativity, desire to provide highly personalized services, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
Responsible for providing direction and leadership for the club’s food & beverage teams In collaboration with the Executive Director of Operations, they will drive the strategic direction of food and beverage functions, encompassing a combination of premium dining outlets, lounges, bars, and in-room delivery. The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for leading the entire food & beverage leadership team in achieving the operational and financial goals of each department; monitoring performance, and maintaining facilities in accordance with The Quin service standards, and ensuring high member satisfaction and an exceptional dining experience.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
· Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment
· Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated responsibilities in sales, costs, employee retention, member satisfaction, food & beverage and rooms quality, cleanliness and sanitation
· Develop and implement food & beverage strategy that aligns with organizational policies and goals
· Develop and recommend the annual budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
· Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
· Develop and monitor the rooms yield strategy to ensure budgeted occupancy and ADR are met.
· Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs and assign prices to menu items
· Implement and maintain F&B marketing and other marketing activities and club programming initiatives
· Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews
· Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage perations
· Coordinate operations with other club departments to ensure efficient member service
· Implement procedures to increase member and employee satisfaction
· Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs for The Quin
· Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products served and services provided
· Perform purchasing and inventory responsibilities on a daily/weekly basis
· Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
· Continually strive to develop the staff in all areas of managerial and professional development
· Oversee and ensure that policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis
· Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the club, employees and members
· Assist in creating a dynamic menu for all outlets that evolves and changes on a regular basis
· Investigate and resolve member complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.