Who We Are
Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is Southern California’s locally operated non-profit default electricity provider for 32 communities within Los Angeles and Ventura counties and the 5th largest electricity company in the State of California. We provide clean renewable energy at competitive rates to over three million residents and businesses through approximately one million customer accounts.
What You’ll Do
The Electrification Program Manager will be responsible for implementing CPA’s Building and Transportation Electrification programs. This is a challenging opportunity to play a key role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the building and transportation sectors.
The Building Electrification program will initially focus on incentivizing municipalities to adopt local codes that encourage buildings to receive more of their power from electricity than natural gas. The Transportation Electrification program will initially focus on providing incentives to non-residential customers to install electric vehicle (EV) chargers that are available for public use. In addition to planning and administering these programs, the Electrification Program Manager will work on regional and state policies that align with the program objectives and overall sectoral decarbonization goals.
Who You’ll Work With
The Electrification Program Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Customer Programs, and will work closely with CPA’s Customer Programs, Power Planning & Procurement, Regulatory Affairs, External Affairs, Data, and Marketing teams. The Electrification Program Manager will closely collaborate with local governments, advocacy organizations, contractors and developers, as well as outside consultants, customers and community leaders to effectively implement the programs.
Commitment to Diversity
At CPA, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We represent a diverse customer base and intend to hire employees that reflect our communities. Clean Power Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CPA fosters a culture of open communication, responsibility, and intellectual curiosity. As a small team that has quickly built the largest Community Choice Aggregation program in the country, high levels of trust, collaboration, and mission alignment are key factors in success. We value fact-based creativity in our work, accountability with our stakeholders, and promote ethical engagement and diversity with our brand.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate the Following Abilities:
- Have a strong work ethic and be comfortable taking initiative/working in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Work well on diverse teams and with consultants and be highly collaborative
- Experience working with local governments, including staff and elected officials
- Advocacy experience in both building and transportation electrification
- Enjoy engaging with passionate internal and external stakeholders
- Be a strong communicator who can write compellingly and clearly
- Have a high tolerance for uncertainty but know how and when to bring things to resolution
- Have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines and escalate key issues
- Be able to interpret and explain policies, procedures, and regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Implementation: Launch CPA’s Building and Transportation Electrification programs, in accordance with CPA’s Local Programs Strategic Plan, while incorporating stakeholder input, industry best practices, and market trends to ensure program success.
- Project Management: Manage all aspects of program and project implementation including managing multiple consultants and contracts, developing and adhering to approved budgets, and integrating projects into CPA’s larger portfolio of programs.
- Marketing and Customer Acquisition: Lead activities to recruit and coordinate with community and industry partners; coordinate with CPA’s marketing and community outreach team and member agencies to publicize program opportunities among eligible customers.
- Measurement, Analytics, and Verification: Develop indicators to measure program effectiveness, analyze program outcomes to modify implementation activities, and develop and implement verification protocols to support cost and environmental effectiveness claims.
|At CPA, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We represent a diverse customer base and intend to hire employees that reflect our communities. Clean
Power Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.