Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder (Remote) $28-$34/hr.
Location: Remote, work from home!
Status: 1099 Contractor or W2 Employee - Both are available
We are currently looking for an Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder (Remote) $28-$34/hr. to join our team. This opening is in anticipation for a full-time position with one of our longstanding clients. The Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder (Remote) - $28-$34/hr. will assign and sequence codes by reviewing the documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance.
Additionally, the Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coder will be responsible for:
· Assigning and sequencing diagnostic and procedural codes for multiple outpatient accounts such as Same-Day Surgery, General Surgery, Spinal, ED/Trauma, or other more complex patient types.
· Reviewing physician documentation & coding for appropriateness & accuracy following coding guidelines.
· Utilizing electronic medical record and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software or an encoder, depending on the client.
· Complying with system-wide coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and to ensure appropriate and effective reimbursement with client Financial Services, medical staff, and various departments.
· Reviewing and analyzing medical records for accurate code selection.
· Maintaining query communication with providers to ensure timely notification of identified documentation issues that may impact revenue or compliance.
· Assisting with the interpretation of codes and other information requested for accurate billing and reimbursement.
· Possess knowledge and understanding of failed bill parameters. Performs outpatient charge reconciliation to ensure all submitted charges are posted timely and balance with total submitted charges.
eCatalyst Healthcare Solutions, founded in 2007, is a full-service HIM company located in Phoenix, AZ. We partner with our clients to provide services including coding, auditing, CDI, denials management, staffing, consulting, and revenue cycle services. We aim to solve the issues of our clients and partners by providing professional services and leading best practices.