Remote Inpatient/Outpatient Coding Auditor - $30-$38/hr.
Compensation: $30-$38/hr. (DOE)
Location: Remote - Work from home!
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Status: Non-Exempt Employee - On deck waiting for our next assignment.
Founded in 2007, eCatalyst Healthcare Solutions is a full-service HIM company located in Phoenix, AZ. We partner with our clients to provide services including coding, auditing, CDI, denials management, staffing, consulting, and revenue cycle services. We aim to solve the issues of our clients and partners by providing professional services and leading best practices.
We are looking for a Remote Inpatient/Outpatient Coding Auditor who will provide client services and lead, coordinate and perform all functions of quality reviews for inpatient and outpatient coding across multiple clients.
The Remote Inpatient/Outpatient Coding Auditor performs quality reviews on coders ensuring compliance with coding guidelines and company policies for complete, accurate, and consistent coding. eCatalyst’s client focused approach includes professionalism, responsiveness to client requests and quality services resulting in appropriate reimbursement and data integrity.
The Remote Inpatient/Outpatient Coding Auditor reviews include Inpatient ICD-10 CM/PCS coding, MS-DRG/APR-DRG validation, Outpatient ICD-10, CPT, APC, CPT Modifiers, ED E&M and professional coding and E&M assignments.
Our ideal candidate serves as a knowledge expert and maintains up-to-date working knowledge of coding guidelines in order to act as a resource and point person for issues and question for coders, customers or project teams.
· Reviews physician documentation for coding appropriateness and accuracy in accordance with AMA coding guidelines.
· Utilizes an electronic medical record (EMR) and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software or an encoder, depending on the client.
· Complies with eCatalyst Healthcare’s coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and to ensure appropriate and effective reimbursement with client’s financial services, medical staff, and other departments.
· Reviews and analyzes medical records for accurate code selection.
· Maintains query communication with providers to ensure timely notification of identified documentation issues that may impact revenue or compliance.
· Assists with the interpretation of codes and other information requested for accurate billing and reimbursement.
· Possesses knowledge and understanding of failed bill parameters. Performs outpatient charge reconciliation to ensure all submitted charges are posted timely and balance with total submitted charges. Assigns charges as applicable.