SUMMARY OF POSITION
The HR Manager is responsible for guiding and supporting various functions within HR that positively impact ShurTech Brands. The incument will accomplish this by helping to attract, enhance, develop, inspire and retain the talent that is our most valuable asset. The HR Manager will have responsibility for a variety of projects that support the organization’s core values and strategic business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned)
· Assist employees, supervisors and managers with employee relations concerns by doing an intake of the issue, researching any necessary information, soliciting any necessary resources or experts and resolving the issue at hand.
· Assist and/or participate in employee counseling sessions as needed for hourly and salary non-exempt employees.
· Responsible for driving open communications to hourly employees via the weekly huddles, coordination and execution of the communication circle meetings and ad hoc meetings as necessary.
· Serve as an active member of the Helping Hands Team.
· Recommend, plan, organize, execute and participate in various employee activities to improve and maintain positive employee relations and morale.
· Maintain a working knowledge of benefits programs such as life insurance, medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability insurances, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
· Serve as a liaison with compensation, benefits, HRIS and other HR personnel to ensure clients’ needs are met.
· Investigate discrepancies in payroll and/or benefits and provide information to Compensation and/or Benefits team as necessary.
· Serve as the lead person in conducting orientation for company policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all policies and procedures are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and are consistently administered.
· Provide advice and counsel on Human Resources issues to employees and management, ensuring that policies and procedures are consistently applied throughout the Company.
· Interpret policies and procedures and make recommendations and/or decisions regarding hourly and salary non-exempt personnel.
Recruiting and Retention
· Conduct thorough reviews of resumes and phone screens in order to pass along high quality candidates for manager review/consideration.
· Leverage professional associations, social networks, online resources and employee referrals in order to source and hire top talent.
· Utilize and maintain/update applicant tracking system throughout the hiring process and for communication and data collection purposes.
· Conduct exit interviews. Prepare and process exit interview notes, notify appropriate personnel of terminations, and provide appropriate information to terminated employees. Provides summary of findings as well as recommendations to address areas of concern discussed during exit interviews.
· Develop, make recommendations for, coordinate and execute training for assigned client groups.
· Monitor key performance indicators to assist the location and/or functional area in effectively managing their workforce to maximize productivity and overall effectiveness.
· Proactively suggest and promote ideas that have positive return on investment and deliver value to both internal and external customers.
· Serve as an active member of the tactical safety team and support Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) efforts throughout ShurTech.
· Act as a catalyst for change with the ability to positively influence others to make difficult decisions.
· Provide support, guidance and leadership to various administrative roles within the organization.
· Actively participate on work teams and/or special projects to improve human resource practices, policies, or procedures.
· Serve as an advocate and resource for all HR programs.
· Prepare and assist in the execution of hourly and salary non-exempt employee separation notices, severance agreements and related documentation.
· Conduct and/or assist with internal audits as necessary within HR.
· Other duties as assigned.