Purchaser (Calgary, AB)
General Statement of Duties:
• Under the direction of the Supervisor, Supply Chain, assists with the purchasing of materials, supplies and services of a routine nature with established limits and guidelines.
Summary of Duties: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
• Perform purchasing of construction supplies and services
• Assign vendors, issue P.O’s to Suppliers, pricing and coding
• Project buying, scheduling and expediting
• Perform follow ups on incorrect items shipped and lost shipments
• Perform cost evaluations and competitive bidding
• Meet with suppliers and go over products, availability and pricing
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication and dispute resolution skills
• Strong knowledge of business methods, markets, and purchasing policies and procedures
• Good organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
• Supply Chain designation (SCMP or PMAC) or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years related experience
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.