General Statement of Duties:
Under the direction of the Team Lead, Crew Coordinator, this position is responsible for staffing rigs with the best qualified candidates for assigned rigs and provides support for a range of HR issues, typically within a branch or location.
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following):
- Responsible for staffing rigs with the best qualified candidates and best team fit for assigned rigs;
- Responsible for being on call as scheduled;
- Communicate recruitment, employee movement and employee relations information to Rig Managers and Field Supervisors to ensure effectively staffed rigs, liaising with Team Lead, Crew Coordinator as required;
- Provide assistance to other Crew Coordinators for all rigs as required;
- Prepare and maintain crew lists and reports;
- Book flights and flight manifests for assigned rig personnel as required;
- Participate in meetings with the Team Lead, Crew Coordinator as required;
- Participate in conference calls with Crew Resourcing Team;
- Ensure the complete and accurate maintenance of employee information in the ATS, HRMS, and Employee Notes page on a daily basis;
- Liaise with rig employees to ensure issues regarding policy, payroll or benefit questions are effectively resolved, coordinating with head office as required;
- Provide support and guidance to Rig Managers as necessary with regard to diversity, employee relations, progressive discipline and performance management issues, with guidance from the Team Lead, Crew Coordinator;
- Remain current with Employment Standards and Human Rights and Privacy legislation in the provinces in which we operate and as they apply to recruitment & employee relations.
- Work hand-in-hand with training department to coordinate training for new employees prior to placing them on a rig location
- Distribute existing certifications of new hire employees to Training Department and Rig Managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships;
- Good organization and time management skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong computer and administration skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure;
- Ability to work during Savanna’s Business hours of 7:30am to 4:30pm. Also must be on-call for weekend staffing needs within Operating region.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 1-2 years’ experience, preference towards drilling or well service industries;
- Ideally possessing or working towards a certificate in Human Resources or a closely related discipline;
- Previous experience in utilizing Application Tracking Systems;
- Previous Human Resource Management System experience considered an asset.
|Savanna Energy Services is one of the fastest growing energy Services companies in Canada, with growing operations in the USA and Australia. We have one of the newest fleets of both Drilling and Well Servicing Rigs in the industry, leading the way with our innovative approach to safety, training, and Aboriginal partnerships.
Our goal at Savanna is to hire people who want to establish or further their career in the energy services industry. Savanna can provide local as well as international opportunities to their employees. We are in this industry for the long term, and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do! Take a look at what career opportunities Savanna can offer you.