We are a Tempe based Safety & Promotional Marketing Company located just west of Downtown Tempe and ASU! We are an exciting, fast paced company and we are expanding fast!
Sportex Apparel is looking for Apparel Pattern Maker within our Seamstress/Cut & Sew manufacturing area. Monday - Saturday. Hourly wage depending on experience. We are a growing screen printing, embroidery and textile manufacturing company looking for full time apparel pattern maker. We sew flat apparel, primarily Safety Vests for the construction industry.
Performance and compensation review will occur at 60 or 90 days after start of employment depending on You !
- Works closely with Designer and / or Product Manager to develop patterns from 1st design to production approval.
- Determines the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly
- Works closely with sample makers to create fit samples.
- Meets product development deadlines and schedules.
- Develop production fits through the fit process; working with all development partners and supply chain
- Meet Pattern Maker performance criteria.
- Uphold Sportex Apparel quality & customer service values
- High school diploma or equivalent. College level course work in fashion design, pattern making and product development or equivalent experience.
- One or more years demonstrated apparel pattern making and technical design experience.
- Thorough understanding of pattern-making process & fit/styling on live model
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
- PC knowledge to include intermediate use of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting of 10 pounds or less (less than 15% of the time) generally at waist level, some above/below waist, none above shoulders. Must be able to do seated work at computer or other related machine for extended periods of time. Requires standing up for 50-75% of the time. Some use of computer required. During fittings, may stand, bend and stoop for short bursts, over longer periods of time (5%).
STARTING SALARY RANGE: DOE