Gaggle is seeking Independent Contractors for temporary, non-renewing contract positions monitoring online student activity. This contract work allows you the flexibility to work within the constraints of your own schedule. The choice is yours, work when it works best for you! The Gaggle Safety Management department offers a 24x7 service that is used to identify and uncover drug use, bullying, threats of school violence, teen depression, suicidal intentions, and abusive domestic situations of students in grades K-12 through various forms of communication. Although you would not be an employee of Gaggle, the Independent Contractors we are looking for will do work for the Gaggle Safety Management department and are able to make a positive impact in the lives of K-12 students across the world.
Make sure to follow the application instructions at the bottom that include taking the Pre-Contract Quiz. Candidates who apply without taking the Pre-Contract Quiz will not be considered for a contractor role with us.
- Monitor and analyze student activity to identify potentially inappropriate usage including words, phrases, statements, and images within email, google drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and more
- Quickly and efficiently process at least 250 items per hour, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Process for a minimum of 10 hours each week
- Escalate questionable findings to the Level II Gaggle Team for additional in-depth analysis
- Communicate and collaborate via chat with a nationwide team
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Experience using various computer and web-based applications in a professional environment
- Interest and enthusiasm for reading, as the position requires focused attention to reading various lengths of content
- Ability to delineate between potentially harmful student matters and harmless situations
- Experience with tech and social media cultures
- Knowledge of trends and slang used by children and teenagers to help identify potential issues
- Ability to exhibit tolerance of and respect for other’s opinions
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to work independently; experience working as an Independent Contractor preferred
- Access to high-speed internet (satellite is not acceptable)
- Access to a computer, chromebook, or laptop (tablets/phones are not acceptable)
- Experience with Slack or other business-based chat applications is a plus
- The non-renewing, Independent Contractor assignment is not guaranteed for any length of time, workloads and hours will vary
- Contracts can be terminated at any time
- There is potential for contract renewal depending on workflow and personal ability to fulfill responsibilities outlined above
- This position requires you be able to view content of a sensitive nature including exposure to graphic content that may contain nudity
- Because Gaggle strives to enter into contractual agreements with Independent Contractors who contribute to Gaggle's mission of student safety, background checks are required for all prospective Independent Contractors - this screening includes, but is not limited to, both a National Criminal and National Sex Offender Registry check
- Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the material we review, applicants who work, volunteer, or have children at a school district with Gaggle services will not be considered
Compensation: $10.00 /hour
In order to start the application process for this contract, you will need to complete the Pre-Contract Quiz by clicking HERE:gaggle.typeform.com/to/J7Zd1Q
Please note, you will not be considered as an Independent Contractor with us unless you take the Pre-Quiz. Do not click "Apply Now" on this application. You must take the Pre-Quiz first. Once you pass the Pre-Quiz, you will be provided a link to complete the application process.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.