Job Number: MGT-52-31-0820-V
Department: Organization & Field Services
Annual Salary: $171,510.96
Special Note: The acting regional director will manage and coordinate work throughout the southwest and mountain region consisting of Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.
Position Summary: The acting regional director will work under the direction of the directors of Organization and Field Services. Responsibilities will generally include developing organizing strategies, allocating resources and staff, oversight of confidential matters and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervise and direct AFT staff in organizing campaigns, collective bargaining campaigns, strikes, contract negotiations, political action, community coalition activities, and programs to improve institutions in which AFT members work.
- Enhance the skills of affiliate leadership and members and assist state and local affiliates in building capacity for more effective union functioning.
- On-site responsibility, in consultation with the directors of Organization and Field Services to direct the work of the staff, including national representatives and project staff.
- Evaluate, schedule, discipline and effectively recommend hiring and firing of project staff.
- Oversee relationships between the national AFT and AFT state federations and locals in terms of recommendations for national AFT financial aid and other assistance programs across the entire spectrum of AFT’s organizational jurisdiction.