Bilingual LMSW/LMHC Behavioral Health Specialist- Full Time
Seeking a Full Time Behavioral Health Consultant for Rockland County, NY to work in primary care practices of Boston Children’s Health Physicians. This position requires availability Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Candidate will work Monday and Tuesday in our Garnerville location and Wednesday and Thursday in our Bardonia location, then Every other Friday in each of the offices. Salary will start somewhere between $45k-$50k. Bilingual proficiency in Spanish is mandatory.
Candidate must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently. The Behavioral Health Consultant will work with the Primary Care Providers at the site to provide care to: patients with mental health concerns; families and patients with chronic illnesses; and parents of children who need assistance in modifying behavior.
As a part of employment, Behavioral Health Consultants will receive supervision hours from a LCSW-R for advanced certification.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities include:
- Strong assessment skills
- Competence in the delivery of crisis intervention services and in brief and time-limited therapy
- Experience working with parents on behavioral management and child development education
- Ability to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults from diverse backgrounds who have multiple needs or problems
- Ability to develop medical/behavioral treatment plans and coordinate needed services to fulfill plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with primary care staff, patients, and other behavioral health clinicians
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence based treatments for mental health conditions
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide psycho-social education as needed with particular emphasis on childhood development and adolescent development
- Assist the primary care health provider in recognizing and treating mental health and psychosocial concerns
- Provide functional and strength based assessment and diagnosis
- Provide motivational interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction
- Complete all required charting in patient’s electronic medical record
- Assist in care coordination and care planning, and provide referrals to appropriate community agencies as necessary
Required experience includes:
- Current NYS LMSW or LMHC license required or license eligible
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents required