Seeking someone that can multi-task with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidate should be able to assist management by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. The individual in this position needs to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be an active/effective listener and have business sensitive understanding. Candidate should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. The ideal candidate will always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Candidate should be proficient with computers, Microsoft products and general office tasks.
1. High school diploma required. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Proven experience as an administrative assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
3. Proven experience and savvy in handling business sensitive and confidential information.
4. Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
5. Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
6. A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
7. Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
8. Serve as the point of contact for employees concerns and questions on human resources related issues, time sheets, payroll, travel, etc.
9. Serve as the point of contact for corporate and the Project Manager (PM) by generating and/or distributing memos, mail, e-mail, forms, etc.
10. Assist the PM by typing, copying, editing, forms creation, tracking indirect costs, and other job-related duties as requested.
11. Verify the accuracy of employees time sheets before approval.
12. Track employees PTO and floating holiday usage and send time sheet approvers updates each pay period.
13. Maintain the record copies of all records generated.
14. Generate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
15. Generate purchase requisitions.
16. Order supplies for the various departments.
17. Resolve issues with vendors on orders, shipment, invoices.
18. Serve as Travel Coordinator making all arrangements for employees travel and preparing the necessary paperwork.
19. Arrange for employees attendance at seminars and other off-site training.
20. Use corporate credit card for travel arrangements, ordering supplies, off-site training, etc.
21. Prepare all expense reports.
22. Administer petty cash.
23. Update and maintain various lists involving employee contact information, work location, etc. so information is readily available when requested.
24. Submit contract deliverables.
25. Serve as Records Coordinator (RC) for TFE Project Management and attend training necessary to maintain RC status.
26. Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate meetings, facilities usage, and events.
27. Schedule appointments.
28. Assist with the Records Index Disposition Schedule (RIDS) committee.
29. Backup for Accounting Clerk.
30. Must be able to take on additional tasks as they arrise with current work load.
The successful candidate will follow and apply these attributes to all that they do:
Challenge the Unknown
Challenge and Communicate Assumptions