Purpose of Position
The Caregiver performs services for the Client as necessary to maintain the personal
care and comfort of the Client, while in their own home. The Caregiver reports directly
to the Program Manager.
Hours of Work
Full Time and/or Part time
· Understand and adhere to information and precautions contained in Client’s Plan of
· Assist the Client with personal cares including: bathing, dressing/undressing,
grooming, skin care, back rubs, hair care, oral cares (including denture care), shaving,
bedtime care, assistance with ambulation, toileting. Other duties as assigned by the
Program Manager or outlined in the Plan of Care.
· Assist with household duties which may include: light housekeeping, laundry,
changing linens on beds, cleaning out refrigerator, mopping/sweeping/vacuuming floors,
cleaning bathrooms, doing dishes, meal prep, dusting, organization, etc. Other duties
as assigned by the Program Manager or as outlined in the Plan of Care.
· Assist the Client with self-administration of medications.
· Assist the Client with personal communications. Caregivers are not permitted to
assist with payment of bills, writing checks, etc.
· Complete all necessary documentation associated with the visit, as directed.
· Report all Client and Caregiver incidents/accidents to the office immediately.
· Assist the Client with exercises, ambulation and transfers. Always be aware of
proper body mechanics.
· Observe safety precautions including: wiping up wet floors, spills and other falling
hazards immediately. Report safety hazards, frayed electrical cords, unsecured
handrails, malfunctioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors/alarms, defective
equipment or environmental hazards to the office immediately.
· Caregivers do not perform any pet services, whatsoever.
· Engage in respectful, meaningful social interaction with Client including friendly
conversation and empathic support, as well as, respecting Client privacy and property.
· Exhibit positive attitude and behavior at all times. Do not share personal hardships
with Clients or their families.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to Clients, including
· Respond and attend to Client needs promptly and professionally.
· Communicate with all members of the Transitions team in a positive, professional
· Maintain proper handwashing techniques as well as a high level of personal hygiene.
· Participate in required in-service ad training as required by Transitions.
· Understand the importance of seeking assistance, as needed, from your Supervisor
and/or others; demonstrate capability and dependability in following instructions.
· Maintain regular, consistent attendance.
· Accept and fulfill assignments with the Organization.
· Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or designee.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Personal Abilities
· Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
· Demonstrate sympathetic attitude toward caring for others.
· Previous experience providing private duty home care is preferred.
· Minimum of one year of caregiving experience.
· Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and professionally in oral and
· Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor.
· Must present a well-groomed and professional image.
· Ability to project a positive image of the Organization with Clients, their family
members, referral sources and the general public.
· Demonstrate a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
· Ability to maintain a professional distance and ask for assistance if this is
· Possess and maintain a current TB screening.
· When required, maintain a valid state Driver’s License and a good driving record as
well as have an insured vehicle that is in good operating condition.
· Ability to speak, read and write English.
· Ability to lawfully work in the United States.
· Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing stairs and
moving intermittently during the working hours.
· Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
· Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to
function adequately to ensure that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
· Must be able to safely operate household appliances.
· Must be able to maintain verbal and written communication with co-workers, office,
supervisors, Clients, family members, vendors and all business associates within or
outside of the Organization.
· All of the above requirements are subject to ADA requirements.