As a Vegan Certification Specialist, you are a fundraiser with a unique opportunity to share your enthusiasm for discovering vegan companies. You will develop, maintain and propose strategies for more than 1,000 companies using the ‘PETA-Approved Vegan' certification globally to highlight their vegan clothing, accessories or home décor goods to support PETA's work.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
In consultation with PETA and in verified compliance with the objectives, standards, and requirements communicated by it:
• Oversee the operations of the global ‘PETA-Approved Vegan' (PAV) certifications for vegan clothing, apparel and home décor goods as well as the upkeep of renewal maintenance, and preparing invoice statements.
• Develop and implement a set of diverse and effective growth strategies through lead generation, networking, and deploying various promotional campaigns, press releases, SEO, and other nonprofit development techniques to meet departmental goals and quotas.
• Draft responses to inquiries about a wide range of certification and animal rights topics, and respond to inbound e-mails from PETA supporters and businesses.
• Maintain departmental databases and archives with accuracy.
• Develop future PETA certification programs.
• Supporting Corporate Giving programs such as PETA Business Friends, in-kind gifts, and other corporate partnership initiatives in the fundraising climate.
• Perform research projects on prospective companies, assemble data reports to approach new companies, and prepare internal analytic reports.
• Collaborate on projects and cross-functional teams at all levels of PETA, the PETA Foundation, PETA International Affiliates, and with PETA's business partners.
• Perform any other duties or special projects assigned by the supervisor.
• A strong interest in vegan fashion, apparel, and home furnishing textiles, and animal-skin related issues.
• Minimum of two years professional experience in nonprofit development, corporate giving, communications.
• Proven ability to maintain professional working relationships with members, supporters and business partners.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Professional appearance, adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle and familiar with vegan/cruelty-free shopping.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization and ability to represent PETA's philosophy and professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.