|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
This Graphic Design position is an entry-level role, working in a team approach with the Sr. Designer, Designers, Interns, and the Art Director on a variety of projects and assignments. Assignments primarily come from the Art Director and the Creative Project Manager. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking skills who can process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
You are a rare breed who enjoys telling the story and narrative of a brand via beautiful, well thought out and strategized design. You gain satisfaction in finding the perfect solution for various projects. You take pride in communicating your vision cross-departmentally while still being an integral leader of the Pirates brand. When not creating a beautiful design, you are excited to actively work with the design team to help with branding and conceptual thinking for other platforms and mediums.
- Plan and execute creative design solutions for all departments of the Pirates organization in a timely manner.
- Assist in layout of select items in Pirates publications, including but not limited to Pirates Yearbook and First Pitch Magazine.
- Design invitations, mailers, fliers, web & print advertising, social media graphics, and other pieces as assigned.
- Ensure that all creative design solutions meet the standards defined in the Pirates' brand style guide and or other brand guidelines.
- Effectively communicate and present ideas through visuals to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with other creative team members to produce cohesive content and designs for all platforms and mediums
- Other duties as assigned by Marketing department leadership.
- Assist in photoshoots as needed.
- Ability to work some Gamedays throughout the season.