Who we are
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
Online worlds are an always-on service for our players. ArenaNet’s engineers take great pride in writing high quality, highly optimized code that can remain in live service for over a decade. We need people like you who are just as passionate as we are about engineering online worlds with industry leading technology.
Who you are
You’re a gameplay engineer. You love collaborating with game designers to design and prototype game mechanics, throw out the ideas that don’t work, and polish the heck out of the ones that do. You're an avid gamer and you tend to critically analyze games as you play, forming strong opinions about their strengths and weaknesses.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're passionate about and experienced with game system architecture. Some examples: AI, animation, camera, combat, components, items, locomotion, physics, procedural generation, progression, quests, scripting, spawning, and UI.
- You love taking design concepts and running with them independently, from ideas on paper to throwaway prototype code to robust client-server C++ systems.
- You’re accustomed to getting nebulous requests sometimes, fishing out software requirements, building a plan, and sharing your progress.
- You’ve been developing game systems and coding in C++ for 4+ years either via school, personal projects, or professionally.
- You have a B.S. in computer science or equivalent education or experience.
- You also have a strong background in math, especially linear algebra.
Join our team
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Learn more about working with us at https://arena.net/ or ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org.