We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
As a Technical Environment Artist, you will be part of a team that researches, designs, and develops a new suite of world building tools and workflows.
- Forward thinking about environment creation techniques, processes and pipelines with a focus on improving collaboration among artists, designers and engine programmers
- Advance the quality of environments in our titles through creative tools, workflows and new technologies
- Develop flexible tools that satisfy a wide variety of environment needs and styles
- Establish standards and best practices for environment construction
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines to prototype and implement new features and game mechanics
- Support the Art Department and other disciplines by providing solutions to a wide variety of challenges
- Investigate and provide solutions for in-game performance deficits
- 5 years of experience in game development or film with a significant portion dedicated to the use and creation of environment pipelines
- Deep expertise in all aspects of environment pipelines including set up, automation, and optimization
- Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, Crytek, Source, or other proprietary tool sets and understanding of strengths and weaknesses of various commercial and proprietary systems
- Comfortable using scripting languages such as Python, PyMEL, MEL or MAXScript
- Solid foundation in environment composition and color theory
- Customer centric approach to tool development; solid grasp of UX
- Self-driven team player with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Proficiency with DCC tools (Maya and Photoshop preferred)
- Credit on at least 2 PC or console games
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.