We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
As a Technical Environment Artist, you will be part of a team that researches, designs, and develops a new suite of world building tools and workflows.
- Forward thinking about environment creation techniques, processes and pipelines with a focus on improving collaboration among artists, designers and engine programmers
- Advance the quality of environments in our titles through creative tools, workflows and new technologies
- Develop flexible tools that satisfy a wide variety of environment needs and styles
- Establish standards and best practices for environment construction
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines to prototype and implement new features and game mechanics
- Support the Art Department and other disciplines by providing solutions to a wide variety of challenges
- Investigate and provide solutions for in-game performance deficits
- 5 years of experience in game development or film with a significant portion dedicated to the use and creation of environment pipelines
- Deep expertise in all aspects of environment pipelines including set up, automation, and optimization
- Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, Crytek, Source, or other proprietary tool sets and understanding of strengths and weaknesses of various commercial and proprietary systems
- Comfortable using scripting languages such as Python, PyMEL, MEL or MAXScript
- Solid foundation in environment composition and color theory
- Customer centric approach to tool development; solid grasp of UX
- Self-driven team player with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Proficiency with DCC tools (Maya and Photoshop preferred)
- Credit on at least 2 PC or console games
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.