We're ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo isn't good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
- Build exciting animation for a wide variety of characters (while working within the constraints of engine, design, and schedule)
- Work with commercial and proprietary tools to produce game-ready assets
- Participate in animation reviews; contribute input on tools, processes, etc.
- Communicate proactively with co-workers, including designers, programmers, and other game artists
- Excellent character animation skills
- Three or more years' experience working in the games industry on shipped titles
- Solid traditional animation / art education
- Maya expertise preferred
- Self-managing -- organized and uses time well
- Dependably identifies and meets goals
- Experience with playable character mechanics a plus
- Strong communication skills
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.