Game Designer- Mobile
ArenaNet, creator of the block-buster RPG, Guild Wars 2, is looking for a Combat Designer with a passion for gameplay look and feel. Candidates must have extensive experience designing player attacks, with an excellent understanding of what makes combat feel good. This position requires an exemplary ability to work with and direct animators and other artists. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arena.net.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Game Designer with a successful track record in designing free-to-play mobile games with an emphasis on moment to moment gameplay. In this position, incredible gameplay design is the focus. Being a designer in a highly successful studio, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously and have exemplary communication skills.
- Design features that create fun gameplay and drive real engagement.
- Work in a highly iterative environment where you will design, release, test and iterate based on both data and player behavior.
- Collaborate with the team to design, implement, balance, and tune the game experience.
- Propose and create fun, innovative game ideas and designs targeted at the mobile F2P audience.
- Create a best-in-class game in a best-in-class studio.
- 5+ years of professional game design experience.
- A successful candidate will have a deep passion for games and an innate desire to always learn.
- You should have a background in feature design, and be able to create fun gameplay mechanics that drive real engagement.
- At least 3 years combined experience on a successfully shipped title in more than one of the following areas on mobile environments:
- Mobile game design, specifically focusing on combat, progression, and systems
- F2P game design
- Live services support
- Demonstrable expertise at solving problems through collaboration, consensus, and prioritization
- Excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner
- A passion for all things F2P with a balanced passion for long term fun and engaging mechanics
- Intuitive grasp of appealing interaction design and social dynamics is also desired
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.