Throughout the engagement, the role of the Business Analyst will be to work as a liaison between Stakeholders, business units, technology teams and support teams, in order to understand the structure, policies,
and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions to enable the organization to achieve its goals. Additional duties include:
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding,
and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal groups to analyze information needs, technical and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed:
(Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
• Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.