Human Resources Assistant Temp Position
Overview of Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA
Easter Seals Inc. was founded in 1919 and has grown to become a national leader in offering help, hope and answers to more than a million children and adults living with autism, Alzheimer’s disease, and other disabilities or special needs each year. Easter Seals operates through a network of self-governing, financially independent affiliates.
Easter Seals Serving DC|MD|VA (www.eseal.org) is the affiliate serving Washington DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. For more than 75 years, we have been at the forefront of providing exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work, and play in our community. We are currently in an exciting comprehensive campaign to raise a total of $34 million to fund our strategic goals of doubling the number of clients we serve, renovating current centers and developing new innovative solutions for program development and delivery.
Working Schedule: Will normally work Monday through Friday day shift. The schedule may be changed as business needs dictate
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collect, process and verify new hire documents prior to start of employment.
- Process, input and update personnel information into HRIS system.
- Prepare, maintain and submit personnel documentation to finance for processing.
- Maintain and process I-9 documentation in USCIS website; updating documents in active/terminated binders.
- Process benefits enrollment processing and report terminations to Finance.
- Record all employee status changes as necessary (e.g. departmental transfers, rate increases, termination, etc.) and forward to Finance for processing.
- Update personnel records regularly to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Under direction, compile salary and other personnel statistics.
- Keep benefits packets and orientation materials updated and on hand.
- Assist with recruiting and staffing logistics;
- Assist in screening applications or resumes and testing applicants (when applicable) before or after interview.
- Assists with the day-to-day administration of all benefit programs.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Assist with performance management and improvement systems;
- Assist with organization development, employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- Assist with new hire orientation and employee training and development
- Handle simple to moderate employee relations issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Consideration will be given to an appropriate combination of education/training and experience.
Associate’s degree is required Bachelor degree preferred. Two years of human resource-related work experience, or four years of appropriate applicable work experience. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, Must plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks. Attention to detail, ability to maintain strict confidentiality, and ability to work independently is required.
Must be able to communicate in written and oral form. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook are essential.
Receptionist, interns, and volunteers
Has constant interaction with internal customers (staff) as well as external customers.). Must deal effectively and professionally with a variety of personalities.