Provide Web support that will be responsible for the creation and maintenance
of the NHCPR Internet and Intranet web sites, mobile applications, and social media sites. The
contractor shall attend meetings with provider and administrative personnel in order to gather the raw
data needed to create web pages. The contractor is responsible for providing support and access of
web-based systems and for account access to specified on-line systems. The contractor will also assist
NHCPR data personnel by making data available via web based technology to include Sharepoint, COTS,
Government Off the Shelf (GOTS), Hyper Text Markup language (HTML), Dynamic HTML (DHTML),
Extensible Markup Language (XML), ASP.net, and other commonly used web-related technologies. The
contractor shall assist with online transactional data systems to allow user data input and retrieval of
data via web technology. Contractor shall provide systems analysis, design, integration, and
implementation of applications in object-oriented or Geographical User Interface (GUI) environments.
Perform daily activities such as processing service tickets related to Internet and
Intranet content management and development; application development, support and maintenance;
ensure routine backups are completed.
Develop websites, mobile applications, custom
applications and workflows that meet the following standards:
Must be easy and intuitive to use for the target audience, using plaftorms for Apple and
Android products for mobile devices as well as Web applications for local users.
Must function in a logical manner for the target audience.
Must use styles that are consistent throughout the application and within the associated web
- The use of Web document notations (e.g., Portable Document Format (PDF), Document (DOC),
- Layout/spacing (e.g., the space between a field label and input control).
- Descriptive metadata titles.
- Must adhere to industry best practices.
- Form controls that are not available must be hidden.
Perform the following:
- Test Web applications and sites in all required browser versions to include testing through a full
range of mobile Devices using Apple and Android devices for mobile applications and provide continued support of Mobile applications for all versions deployed using the same guidelines and time constraints, as described for WEB Support.
Intranet Support: NHCPRs Intranet operates in Microsoft (MS) SharePoint 2010/2013
environment. The contractor shall:
- Keep the existing Intranet pages current on a daily basis.
- Complete all requests for modifications to the Intranet pages within five (5) days of the
Internet Support: The contractor shall:
- Supports NHCPR's public facing website while complying with all DoD, DoN, American
- Disabilities Act (ADA) (Section 508), and other requirements.
- Completes requests for content changes to the website within five (5) days of request, unless
deemed urgent by COR and shall be accomplished the same day.
- Maintains and keeps current all content on a daily basis.
- Provides modification, enhancement, and improvements on a continuous, timely basis while
maintaining a professional and leading edge presence for NHCPR.
- Completes all requests for modification to the Internet pages within five (5) days. This is for
modifications only, does not include new development.
Server Management: The contractor shall perform the following server management tasks:
- Diagnoses and resolves failures in server and workstation equipment and software.
- Responsible for complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with
Web and Development Servers.
- Database Management: The contractor shall perform the following database management tasks:
- Maintains the existing common-user MS Structured Query Language (SQL) database and
design structure, and maintains additional databases as required supporting new applications.
- Develops MS SQL databases to support business processes and functions or Web applications.
- Initiates new application requirements/requests within 14 days of initial request.
- Submits a project development plan and timeline within the initial 14 days to the COR for
- Completes the most complicated projects within a timeline of six (6) months.
- Maintains a project backlog of less than 14 days.
- Supports, maintains, and modifies per existing web applications request.
- Completes modification requests within seven (7) days of request.
- Provides written bi-weekly status updates to the COR, as well as discusses updates during a
bi-weekly web status meeting.
- Collaborates with medical providers and provides recommendations on developing, enhancing
and updating web-oriented material, data-driven applications, and database queries and procedures. All
developed materials and applications must be approved by the COR prior to implementation.
- Meets regularly with COR to provide recommendations on new directions and opportunities
concerning web oriented material, data-driven applications, and database queries and procedures.
- Collaborates with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Compliance
- Officer to ensure all content meets HIPAA compliance standards and with NHCPR Public Affairs Officer to
ensure all publicly-accessible content is approved and meets DOD, Secretary of the navy (SECNAV), DON
and NHCPR Instructions, regulations and memorandums.
- Ensures all web applications meet ADA, section 508, accessibility guidelines.
- Develops and market web-based solutions to enhance and improve work practices and
processes. The COR must review and approve all developed web services solutions prior to
- Develops Quality Assurance and Improvement activities for web services. The COR must
review and approve all developed activities prior to implementation.
- Provides technical support to internal customers in handling problems and concerns regarding
web service issues, feedback and performance improvement areas.
- Designs data-driven applications taking customer input into account in all steps of the design
process. The COR must review and approve all developed applications prior to implementation.
- Maintains data confidentiality at all times.
- Supports all existing locally-developed applications such as Electronic Peer Review (EPR) and
- Clinical Portal as well as GOTS applications like Heat Stress Indicator.
- Trains departmental content managers in the use of Share Point application.
- Troubleshoots local system problems.
- Provides management of sharepoint farm and systems that provide services to end users. At
a minimum, the contractor shall manage sharepoint farm, ancillary systems, and networked devices;
prepare reports and documentation; coordinate activities with other divisions in the department;
support Level 1 and Level 2 technician(s) to resolve complex issues; and research and learn new
technologies that will enable optimal performance of the information technology resources at NHCPR.
- Develops and maintains system documentation in support of accreditation efforts,
contingency plans, system operations and other requirements as directed by COR.