GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The incumbent is under general supervision of the Certified Teacher and/or individual assigned as lead teacher; is responsible for implementing specific tasks to accomplish the individual education plan for the children assigned to his/her supervision. Incumbent must be willing to work with a team of professionals to provide specialized instruction and care for children/adolescents.
***THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists, plans and implements the daily program under the direction of the teacher/assigned individual. This includes planning activities in and outside the classroom for the students. This duty is performed daily.
2. Assist the classroom teacher with all aspects of the instruction in the special education classroom. This duty is performed daily.
3. Assist with instruction of individual and small group lessons as directed by the classroom teacher. This duty is performed daily.
4. Assist in assuring an environment that will be safe, inviting, interesting and stimulating. Be willing to make suggestions that may benefit the program and students success. This duty is performed daily.
5. Assist with paperwork and maintaining records kept on student and assists with program goals and data. This duty is performed daily.
6. Assist with unloading and loading students for transportation. This duty is performed daily.
7. Assist as needed during class lessons with behavior control, prompting, reinforcement, etc., giving help in a positive. This duty is performed daily.
8. Supervise and interact with students in all activities. This duty is performed daily.
9. Provides nurturing, essential learning to help students demonstrate independent skills. This duty is performed daily.
10. Attend staff meeting and recommended training programs. Provide documentation as required to the director in accordance to state requirements. This duty is performed daily.
11. Maintain appropriate communication with staff, students and families at all times, while maintaining an open, warm and professional relationship. This duty is performed daily.
12. Adheres to confidentiality regulations of students, parents and program when communicating with other staff members. This duty is performed as needed.
13. Participate in conferences when needed and directed by the classroom teacher. This duty is performed daily.
14. Assist with mealtimes, promoting appropriate socialization skills. This duty is performed daily.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.