1. Properly logs in all client medications. This includes checking labels for accuracy, completing proper documentation and storing medications as per DePaul’s quality management standards and NYS Office of Mental health regulations.
2. Makes copies of all prescriptions, updates client charts as well as the medication and treatment record when new medications or change orders are prescribed.
3. Inventories medication counts in a timely fashion to identify medications that need to be ordered.
4. Ensures that prescriptions are refilled as needed.
5. Utilizes and oversees the medication ordering book as a means to ensure accuracy of the ordering process.
6. Acts as a liaison with resident, doctors, pharmacies, providers, and residential staff as necessary to ensure timely and accurate ordering of medications and appointment scheduling as needed.
7. Oversees the supervision of all residents’ medications in accordance with physician’s orders, quality management standards and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
8. Reviews the Medications Administration Record (MAR) daily to ensure accuracy of the supervision of the medications.
9. Reports significant issues regarding client medications to the Assistant Director or the Residential Service Coordinator (i.e.: missed doses of medications, resident refusals, adverse reactions, etc.).
10. Assist with the training / orientation of all new CLS & CLA’s with regard to proper supervision of resident medications.
11. Responsible for the monitoring and documentation of all residents involved in the self-medication process.
12. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitudes towards all residents, family members, staff, guests and service providers.
13. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program and the medication room in particular.