Philadelphia FIGHT is a comprehensive AIDS Service Organization providing state of the art, culturally competent HIV primary care, consumer education, advocacy, social services, outreach to people living with HIV and to those who are at high risk, and access to the most advanced clinical research. Our goal and hope is to end the AIDS epidemic within the lifetime of those currently living with HIV.
The Development and Communications Associate (Associate) is a full time, exempt position in the Administration Department of Philadelphia FIGHT.
S/he will maintain the FIGHT donor database (Raiser’s Edge), solicit story ideas from program directors and prepare monthly internal e-newsletter. For our yearly AIDS Education Month (AEM) and Gala Fundraising s/he will work with the Manager of Communications, PR and Events (Manager) in applying for grants for these events, solicit advertisements for the AIDS Resource Guide, solicit and coordinate corporate vendors and sponsors for AEM and the annual Gala and assist with ticket sales for the annual Gala.
The Associate will:
· assist with tabling opportunities and soliciting and coordinating volunteers for FIGHT community outreach events. S/he will assist the Manager in working with other non-profits on joint awareness and/or fundraising events.
· assist the Manager and external consultants in executing social media and content development for mobile apps.
· assist the Manager in working with various department directors to ensure that collateral materials (brochures, flyer, etc.) are consistent in design across the organization.
· assist the Manager and external consultant to update website content, graphics and announcements on a regular basis and assist with transition to revamped FIGHT website, including troubleshooting content, technical and navigation issues.
· assist the Manager in soliciting donated items for events such as FIGHT’s annual gala/silent auction, maintaining relationships with corporate donors and sponsors, and other tasks tied to FIGHT’s events and fundraising campaigns.
· work with Manager of Communications, PR and Events on developing and executing a general volunteers registration, scheduling, communication and orientation program.
· Compile and organize all FIGHT event photos on Flickr page and collaborate with website vendor to establish links to archived photo sets.
There will be other tasks assigned by the Manager of Communications, PR and Events that are consistent with the responsibilities of this position.
The Development and Communications Associate has no supervisory responsibilities. The Associate will report to the Manager of Communications PR and Events.