Do you have a love for data, Excel, an eye for detail, and a passion for research? Are you ready to build relationships with our key partners? PitchBook is looking for a Research Associate to join our Survey team that will gather and verify relevant, and often unpublished, private equity and venture capital data to improve the quality and grow the amount of proprietary information PitchBook has available to its clients.
The Research Associate will:
• Proactively build relationships with key partners at PE and VC firms, law firms and investments banks to establish relationships that will lead to better data quality and volume
• Call and email clients to gather information and cultivate relationships that enable better data
• Provide daily, weekly and monthly metrics updates to team lead, manager and/or the Director of Research.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A keen and meticulous attention to detail
• Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
• An interest in private equity and venture capital as well as financial markets
• 1 – 2 years of professional work experience (including internships)
• 4 year college degree, preferably in finance and/or economics.
The PitchBook team works closely together to provide the most accurate, comprehensive and reliable intelligence for private equity and venture capital professionals through an innovative, user-friendly online database. PitchBook offers the best data, the best technology and the best customer service around. It is a very energetic, client-focused team environment with a culture that is driven towards excellence, getting things done, continuously improving its product and technology, and having fun!