Flexible Days. Evenings and Saturdays
Assists parts staff with the process of selling parts and delivery to customers by phone, over the counter, or service and body shops.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists customers (retail, wholesale, service and shop) with the selection of parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner providing a high level of customer service. Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
2. Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials; ensures the customer is exposed to the full product line.
3. Answers phone calls promptly, provides price quotes and other information as necessary.
1. Learns to pull parts from body shop estimates to ensure accurate parts orders and pricing is in line with the estimate and order is shipped on time to correct address. Delivery to both service floor and/or wholesale accounts.
2. List and price parts and sublet repair orders for both repair orders and counter tickets.
3. Replenishes assigned inventory daily and keeps displays stocked and clean.
4. Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts, while ensuring all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order (RO).
5. Stages orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up and assists parts runner to ensure correct parts are delivered.
6. Keeps current on new products and product updates.
7. Records all lost sales through the computer system for management review.
1. Keeps Parts Manager notified of out-of-stock parts; shop materials or problem parts involving the manufacturer.
2. Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source; submits an emergency order and notifies the service advisor, technician, body shop and/or customer when special order parts are available.
3. Issues credit for returned parts; ensures original invoice or its number; verifies purchase and pricing.
4. Organizes and packs obsolete parts to be shipped back to manufacturer, if necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.