|TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
The Seismic Processing Geophysicist will be responsible for all phases of 2D and 3D time projects including generation of processing flows, parameter selection and velocity interpretation. Other responsibilities include interfacing with clients (internal or external) regarding project status and quality control.
- Generate water bottom surface from near trace cube
- Generate de-bubble and zero phasing operators
- Test and parameterize SRME processing flow for multiple removal
- Test and parameterize Radon processing flow for multiple removal
- Test and parameterize seismic interference removal
- Interpret velocity analysis from various basins throughout the world
- Test and parameterize Kirchhoff prestack time migration including anti-alias filters, dip limits, oversampling, and aperture values.
- Evaluate frequency spectrums to develop time variant filter values
- Evaluate FK spectrums to remove residual noise from seismic sections
- Evaluate FXY Decon parameters to improve signal continuity
- Test scaling techniques to improve signal balancing
- Take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of other employees, and comply with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensure the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and report any hazards, accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor.
- Masters or advanced degree in Geophysics, Geology, Physics or Math preferred, but will consider other degrees.
- Minimum of 10 years experience.
- Enjoys working in a team environment but can work independently.
- Good grasp of geophysical and geological principles.
- Advanced problem solving and multi-tasking skills are needed.
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux based software packages and workstations.
- Ability to manage projects proficiently with little supervision.
- Ability to identify data problems and demonstrate workflow of solutions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Good command of the English language is a must.
- Motivated to produce superior quality products while adhering to project timelines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office especially PowerPoint.
- Qualified to work in the U.S.
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.
TGS provides competitive salary and benefit packages.
TGS is an equal opportunity employer.