The Communications & New Business Associate will help Winrock International tell our story to funders, partners, volunteers and the general public, by writing and editing communications, marketing and new business materials. Communications materials include brochures, handouts, fact sheets, reports, advertisements, photo captions, scripts, and website copy. New business materials include proposal content such as corporate capabilities sections, staffing sections, and proposal graphics. The Communications & New Business Associate will collaborate with Communications, New Business, and program staff as well as outside vendors. This position will be an integral part of the Communications & New Business teams and will provide support in all areas including event planning, public relations, business development and institutional and project communications.
• Writing, proofreading, editing and content development: This may include promotional materials representing the organization and specific program groups or projects including but not limited to: brochures, handouts, fact sheets, social media, reports, advertisements, visual presentations, photo captions, scripts, and website content. S/he will also create content for Winrock proposals, including corporate capabilities sections and staffing sections. The Associate will develop new content, tailor existing materials and edit content submitted by others.
• Collaborate with Communications staff to develop new materials. The Associate will work with the Communications team to develop a marketing plan that will include brochures, handouts, website content, and related materials that will reinforce Winrock’s brand.
• Conduct research to ensure accuracy of written content, such as information on Winrock projects and operations.
• Develop web content based on current trends and standards for website and e-communications. The Associate will develop content for the institutional website (www.winrock.org) and intranet.
• Market analysis. The Associate will be responsible for monitoring the communications of partners, funders, and competitors.
• Document formatting and production: The Associate will be a resource for other staff members and may be called upon to assist with formatting reports, proposals and other documents as needed, as well as the production of final electronic or hard copies.
• Staff training
• Participation and support for all Communications initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism/communications or related field.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience that includes project planning and management and demonstrates excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills for print and electronic publications.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Proficiency or aptitude to learn computer applications such as Access, Excel, Photoshop, and InDesign. Working knowledge of SharePoint and Drupal is highly desired.
• Good working knowledge of the internet and web operations
• Knowledge of standards for website writing
• Knowledge of trends in social networking
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Position Closes on July 1, 2013