SUMMARY: Under the supervision and guidance of the Branch Manager the administrative assistant is responsible for customer service responsibilities to internal and external customers, payment processing, filing, loan processing, and collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Answer telephone and handle customer requests within scope of authority.
Process all counter payments and mail payments in a timely fashion.
Responsible for opening, operating, balancing and closing a cash drawer.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining branch filing system.
Process paid out accounts in a timely fashion.
Purchase retail sales contracts.
Process adverse action letters.
Make daily bank deposits and keep accurate deposit records.
Review loan files for proper documentation and ensure necessary loan documents are present in file.
Complete and process automobile lien entry forms.
Follow-up insurance information (LPC) on automobile secured loans.
Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
Foster and promote the proper company image at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Customer service in consumer finance, bank, or other financial service provider experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk, hear, and sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects. The employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, stop, kneel, crouch, and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and the ability to adjust focus.
The incumbent must be able to travel occasionally/frequently by themselves within the US, including overnight, and via automobile and air.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.