|NCU was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. No other university can match NCU’s uniquely flexible approach to online learning, which includes weekly course starts and personal one-to-one mentoring from our professionally seasoned, all-doctoral faculty in a class size of one. With no residency requirements, NCU is perfect for the independent, self-motivated student who seeks a world-class education no matter where they live!
Across all four of our Schools - the School of Business & Technology Management, School of Education, School of Psychology, and School of Marriage & Family Therapy - NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically to become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, and San Diego, California, as well as students, alumni and faculty in more than 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps'”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement, and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. Students have the opportunity to earn a degree from a regionally accredited university in the areas of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy while working One-to-One with members of our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as students, alumni and faculty in over 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a Processing Specialist to join our Financial Aid team.
The primary responsibility of a Processing Specialist is the accurate and timely processing of disbursements of a student’s federal financial aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains high level of attention to detail and critical thinking when disbursing federal financial aid funds, which involves determining accurate tuition rates, amount of living stipend, degree programs being pursued, satisfactory academic progress, loan periods, award amounts, etc.
- Operates in the financial aid software EDExpress and the student information system Compass.
- Works closely with other Processing Specialist’s and Cross-Functional Specialist to accurately and timely disburse financial aid.
- Serves as a liaison to Accounting for disbursement issues and problem solves as necessary.
- Understanding of financial aid terms, rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of academic and business workings of a higher education institution.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone system.
- Skill in utilizing technology, including ability to navigate web sites, perform word processing, create spreadsheets, send e-mail and electronic messages.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to provide financial aid services to students in an on-line environment.
- Ability to prepare letters, reports and business correspondence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university plus one (1) year experience in a financial aid position in an accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience with data processing and automated records maintenance systems.
- Current knowledge of financial aid programs and regulations preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized with good time management skills.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education' Apply today!