|NCU was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. No other university can match NCU's uniquely flexible approach to online learning, which includes weekly course starts and personal one-to-one mentoring from our professionally seasoned, all-doctoral faculty in a class size of one. With no residency requirements, NCU is perfect for the independent, self-motivated student who seeks a world-class education no matter where they live!
Across all four of our Schools - the School of Business & Technology Management, School of Education, School of Psychology, and School of Marriage & Family Therapy - NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically to become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, and San Diego, California, as well as students, alumni and faculty in more than 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps?”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University (NCU) was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. Students have the opportunity to earn a degree from a regionally accredited university in the areas of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy while working One-to-One with members of our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as students, alumni and faculty in over 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our team as a Student and Faculty Ombudsperson.
The Student and Faculty Ombudsperson is a faculty-level position designated as a neutral or impartial dispute resolution practitioner whose major function is to provide confidential and informal assistance to students and faculty. Reporting through the Provost’s Office, this role is an advocate for fairness who aids in answering individual’s questions without bias, and assists in the resolution of concerns and critical situations. This position considers any given instance or concern, and the rights of all parties, and usually students, faculty and the administration, taking collective information into account to resolve conflicts and disputes, and grievances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides impartial and confidential consultation to members of the University about academic-related issues, including grievance issues, while assisting Northcentral community members on how to interpret policies on these issues.
- Conducts appropriate informal fact-finding in order to better understand each fact of the issue, from all perspectives, uses the Northcentral administrative data systems to thoroughly collect all information about (often sensitive) situations, derives a complete, comprehensive conclusion (offering pros and cons). Then, in consultation with the Ombudsperson, and when necessary, with the Provost and communicates the final outcome to students and faculty (respectfully, honoring everyone’s position).
- When appropriate, facilitates group meetings (usually be conference call) and applies shuttle diplomacy, or negotiation skills to derive mutually agreeable solutions or resolutions.
- Serves as a resource for formulating and modifying Northcentral practices and policies, and encourages equitable policies that address the needs of all Northcentral constituencies.
- Periodically reviews the patterns of student and faculty issues, and makes recommendations to the Provost Office and Deans for ways to ameliorate these concerns.
- Assists on related projects as assigned by the Provost Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of academic and business workings of a higher education institution.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone system.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communications.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and work effectively with Deans and other Academic Leadership, and mediate difficult issues presented by distressed students.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to explain University policies and procedures to students.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in fields related to ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION, College Student Personnel Services and/or Counseling from a regionally accredited university plus one (1) to two (2) years of experience.
- Master’s degree with five (5) years direct experience in a college or university student services office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized with good time management skills.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!