Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps?”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University is a global leader in online graduate education with students, alumni, and faculty in over 50 countries around the world. Working professionals have the opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited graduate degree in the areas of business, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy, while working One-to-One with our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as team members spread throughout the globe, NC U is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our School of Marriage and Family Sciences as a full time online Core Faculty member.
Full-time Core Faculty in the MFT program teaches the content courses of the masters and doctoral MFT programs. Their primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve at their highest academic level in each course through successful program completion. Core Faculty members work collaboratively to facilitate successful completion of all educational outcomes in the programs and work to support engagement and retention of students. This position works closely with the Director of Engagement and Retention and the Program Director for MFT programs.
Must have personal computer and ability to facilitate online instruction and communications remotely.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Marriage and Family Sciences.
- Demonstrates commitment to and capacity for Teaching through Feedback and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship style teaching model.
- Teaches masters and/or doctoral courses in the MFT Programs
- Participates in initial and ongoing training
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes
- Participates in trial use of new technologies
- Integrates new technologies into their teaching
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, and email
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success
- Exercises academic freedom in covering course content and learning outcomes, in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Participates in program and student assessment procedures, program review, and accreditation efforts.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Conducts interviews with applicants and students as needed to support program needs.
- Participates on MFT dissertation committees as Subject Matter Experts (SME), as needed
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Assistant Dean, Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Maintains professional involvement through state, regional, and national associations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of marriage and family therapy content, clinical practice, and training methods.
- Familiarity with TaskStream assessment tool preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact the faculty and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy or a closely related profession from a regionally accredited institution (COAMFTE accreditation strongly preferred)
- Clinically active and a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist preferred.
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor preferred.
- Experience with conducting and publishing research in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related profession preferred.
- Experience in graduate level coursework and clinical training and administration preferred.
- Experience with online education preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of technology in the delivery of education.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!