|NCU was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. No other university can match NCU’s uniquely flexible approach to online learning, which includes weekly course starts and personal one-to-one mentoring from our professionally seasoned, all-doctoral faculty in a class size of one. With no residency requirements, NCU is perfect for the independent, self-motivated student who seeks a world-class education no matter where they live!
Across all four of our Schools - the School of Business & Technology Management, School of Education, School of Psychology, and School of Marriage & Family Therapy - NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically to become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, and San Diego, California, as well as students, alumni and faculty in more than 50 countries, NCU is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly-credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps'”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University is a global leader in online graduate education with students, alumni, and faculty in over 50 countries around the world. Working professionals have the opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited graduate degree in the areas of business, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy, while working One-to-One with our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as team members spread throughout the globe, NC U is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become a member of our School of Marriage & Family Sciences as a Director of Assessment.
Reporting to the Dean of the School of Marriage and Family Sciences, the Director of Assessment collaborates with and supports all School and University constituencies with the assessment of student learning in relation to course objectives and academic program outcomes. The Director of Assessment is responsible for managing the design, coordination, implementation, and analysis of assessment data for the School. A large portion of this data will be collected through an Assessment Management software system (TaskStream). The Director of Assessment works collaboratively with the Office of Assessment & Institutional Research (OAIR), and the software provider in the design and implementation of structures used in the software to collect assessment data pertinent to the School. The Director of Assessment also oversees all quality control procedures to assure the collection of assessment information that is both beneficial and actionable for the School. Once the data is collected, the Director of Assessment works with OAIR personnel to analyze and report their findings to school and NCU administrative personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as the manager for all activities connected to the assessment of educational outcomes for the School of Marriage and Family Sciences
- Act as the primary point of contact between the School and the Office of Assessment & Institutional Research (OAIR) in relation to the development and administration of assessment instruments
- Manage the development and overall quality control of scoring instruments (rubrics) for the School
- Coordinate the integration of all academic programs connected to the School into the assessment management tool
- Act as the manager and primary point of contact in relation to the use of the assessment management tool (TaskStream) by the School
- Manage the development of School policies and procedures related to use of the assessment management tool (TaskStream) by students and faculty
- Assist OAIR and CFE personnel in the development of training for students and faculty to use the assessment management tool for the School
- Work with OAIR personnel to develop a strategic assessment plan for the School which directly supports the University’s Strategic Assessment Plan
- Produce reports as needed based on assessment results collected by and maintained in the assessment management system, or by any other means used by Northcentral University to collect data which can be used to improve the student learning experience
- Communicate student assessment results with School personnel, administration, and faculty
- Facilitate a program of research for the MFT program faculty focused on publication and presentation of content relating to MFT education and training process and outcomes
- Assist School personnel with any other assessment or research related activities
- Serve as a member of the SMFS Admin Team and collaborate on School projects as needed
- Participate in applicant and student interviews
- Maintains professional involvement through state, regional, and national associations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of marriage and family therapy content, clinical practice, and training methods
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituencies to conduct assessment and research
- Some level of IT experience and knowledge
- Experience in using an assessment management system such as TaskStream, LiveText, or TK20
- Experience with higher education academic assessment theory and practice
- Awareness of current trends and directions in assessment in higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to present assessment data clearly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to complete projects within expected timeframes
Education and Experience Required:
- Doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy or a closely related profession from a regionally accredited institution (COAMFTE accreditation strongly preferred)
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor preferred.
- Experience in graduate level coursework and clinical training and administration preferred.
- Experience with online education preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in university assessment
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education' Apply today!