Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps?”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University is a global leader in online graduate education with students, alumni, and faculty in over 50 countries around the world. Working professionals have the opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited graduate degree in the areas of business, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy, while working One-to-One with our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as team members spread throughout the globe, NC U is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our Library Services team as an Instructional Design Librarian.
Through participation in the curriculum design process, which involves collaborating with instructional and curriculum designers, the Instructional Design Librarian will formally bring information literacy practices/concepts into the curriculum. Specifically, the purpose of this process will be to deliver information literacy in an assessable, relevant, and applicable manner to adult learning. In addition, the Instructional Design Librarian will assist and train designers on selecting the most appropriate resources for activities and learning outcomes. Finally, this position requires training of faculty on information literacy, while applying these concepts through a “teaching through feedback” method. Other library duties will be expected such as reference and instruction services.
Weekend and evening hours will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a method for assessing information literacy within the curriculum, at both course and program levels
- Develop and/or acquire learning materials to support the course content and purpose
- Facilitate the creation, integration, and use of library literacy materials
- Develop information focused workshops and tools for the library and academic faculty
- Create engaging course content including introductions, skill builders, examples, and locate case studies where applicable
- Review course resources as well as identify potential risks of copyright infringement
- Provide leadership in the creation of learner-centered objects
- Create and foster relationships across University departments in order to ensure an open and collaborative work environment
- Assist with changes that might be necessary in the design of the course
- Assist in reviewing and assessing, and when appropriate, make recommendations for changes to learning outcomes, course concepts, and resources
- Assist with reference and instruction services
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Library Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design and web and multimedia technologies, including presentation and production tools like Captivate
- Knowledge of information literacy and adult learning theories, practice, and assessment techniques
- Knowledge of copyright law, particularly how it pertains to an academic environment
- Commitment to librarian’s teaching role in the University
- Evidence of energy, creativity, initiative and commitment to professional growth
- Ability to work with multiple constituencies in a collaborative environment, manage time and multiple projects simultaneously, set and accomplish goals, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity of information literacy concepts and the ability to apply them
- Strong knowledge of information resources and the research processes
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Sciences (MLS/MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution.
- 3+ years professional experience providing information and/or instructional services in an academic library setting
- Educational background or formal training in education, educational design, educational technology or e-learning
- Second Master’s degree in education preferred
- Experience working at a doctoral granting institution preferred
- Must have personal computer and ability to facilitate online instruction and communications remotely
- Flexible schedule/availability needed
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!
Please Note: Candidates must submit Cover Letter, Resume or CV along with 3-5 professional references to be considered.