Have you ever heard the saying, “A company is only as good as the people it keeps?”
At Northcentral University, we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, but positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are:
Northcentral University is a global leader in online graduate education with students, alumni, and faculty in over 50 countries around the world. Working professionals have the opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited graduate degree in the areas of business, education, psychology and marriage and family therapy, while working One-to-One with our 100% doctoral faculty via advanced delivery modalities. NCU is committed to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley and Scottsdale, Arizona, as well as team members spread throughout the globe, NC U is an excellent choice for professionals around the world who share our passion for excellence. We envision growth trends to continue, and eagerly seek highly credentialed and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
What We Are Looking For:
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our Finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst.
This is a highly visible position that will support the Business in the development of their annual operating and capital budget, as well as the monthly forecast. This position has responsibility for analytical decision support, including but not limited to trend analysis, benchmarking, and scenario modeling.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assists in the development of the annual plan and monthly forecasting.
- Develops reporting tools (bridges, scorecards, etc.) and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, tracks project spending, headcount and potential risks/opportunities to the forecast or plan.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to senior management regarding key drivers of the business.
- Leads the monthly variance analysis of actual operating, capital, and project spending vs. plan, forecast, and prior year; includes responsibility for driving cost control.
- Provides project management support as assigned on various projects directed at improving financial processes, analysis, and controls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of financial and accounting computer applications.
- Knowledge of General Ledger structure.
- Expert Excel skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Skill in planning, forecasting and building complex models.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data in order to identify and present meaningful observations and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team environment.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Results oriented, disciplined, and detailed with a systemic mindset.
- Must be comfortable with manual processes
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in planning and forecasting.
- Experience with Great Plains a plus!
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!