|Northcentral University is a global leader in online education with students, alumni, and faculty in over 50 countries across the world.
We are committed to providing people throughout the world with quality educational opportunities by offering accredited Graduate and Undergraduate programs through a proven, fully online, distinctive faculty mentored approach to learning. With highly credentialed and passionate staff, utilizing progressive methodologies, Northcentral University prepares graduates to be distinguished contributors to societies around the globe.
With administrative offices in Prescott Valley, Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona and San Diego, California, Northcentral is rapidly becoming an 'employer of choice.' We envision growth trends to continue and for this reason seek highly credentialed and passionate staff to join our team of professionals.
We are seeking a dynamic Foundations Faculty member to join our team!
Full-time Foundations Faculty of the MFT School teach at least the first three (3) Foundations courses for the Masters and Doctoral programs. Their primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve at their highest academic level and establish a foundation for successful program completion. This position works closely with the Accountability Faculty, School Dean, and the Director of MFT.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Teaches at least the first three masters or doctoral courses in their college
- Focuses on retention of students in the program
- Actively participates in a Foundations Faculty Teaching Commons
- Participates in initial and ongoing training
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes
- Participates in trial use of new technologies
- Integrates new technologies into their teaching
- Participates in staff meetings and Student Success Summits
- Maintains contact with Foundations students via phone and email through their first four courses
- Works collaboratively with New Student Academic Advisors to ensure early student engagement and success
- Exercises academic freedom in covering course content and learning outcomes, in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with Northcentral policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws
- Participate in project and committee work as needed or as assigned by the Dean or University administrator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, and phone systems.
- Ability to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact the adjunct faculty, and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with the online delivery of education and the systems that support it.
Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree (PhD in MFT or DMFT) is required, preferably from a COAMFTE accredited institution
- Active MFT License
- Experience in adult education (higher education preferred)
- Online teaching experience preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of technology in the delivery of education.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!