· These positions requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
· Passion for active living and non-motorized transportation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field of study.
· One (1) or more years of experience in a consulting environment or public entity.
· Working knowledge of, and interest in the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
· Working knowledge of the planning process and GIS.
· Exhibits initiative and the ability to work with supervision.
· Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects, if necessary.
· Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and good organizational skills.
· Strong initiative and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
· Good understanding of MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products.
· Preferred Skills & Certifications:
· There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
· Experience with Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, or similar products.
· Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, or similar products.
· Working knowledge of US Census information with GIS
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Alta Planning + Design is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.