About Citi Bike:
New York City’s bike share system, Citi Bike, is a self-service system, stocked with thousands of bikes at hundreds of stations located throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan. Citi Bike is designed to be convenient, easy-to-use and affordable for New Yorkers and visitors alike, allowing members to pick up a bike close to home or work, ride, and then return it to any station in the system. Less than a year since the program opened Citi Bike has proven wildly popular way for New Yorkers to get around and visitors to explore the City.
Overview of Position:
New York City Bike Share is seeking organized and team-oriented dispatchers to ensure smooth operations from “Command Central”. The dispatch team will direct all employee traffic, including bicycle redistribution and service, station repair, and on-street customer service issues. You’ll be a part of a groundbreaking team that focuses on the successful operation of an innovative bicycle transportation system with emphasis on building strong client and sponsor relationships while exceeding the highest standards for service. This is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Monitor bicycle demand data and dispatch tools; assign and direct redistribution of bicycles.
- Ensure maximum safety, utility, and efficiency of redistribution vehicles in the field.
- Monitor system status and station functionality; assign and direct Technicians.
- Open and close field work orders in an accurate, timely manner.
- Liaise between Customer Service Team and Street Team.
- Meet productivity goals set for each shift.
- Address and log data as required, including bike status, system events, and rebalancing data.
- Communicate tactfully and productively with the dispatch team.
- Monitor and enforce safety, good judgment, and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct a detailed report to oncoming shift including system status, staffing, and any information pertinent to the oncoming shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish NYC Bike Share’s Mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deep knowledge of Manhattan and Brooklyn geography/street layout.
- Minimum one year of previous NYC dispatch or logistics experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and leader by example.
- Flexible to work various shifts, as assigned.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others' ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
- Ability to report for work at the Citi Bike office location.
Preferred: Skills and Experience:
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Emergency dispatch experience is a plus.
NYC Bike Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
NYC Bike Share is a drug-free workplace