About Citi Bike:
New York City’s bike share system, Citi Bike, is a self-service system, stocked with thousands of bikes at hundreds of stations located throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan. Citi Bike is designed to be convenient, easy-to-use and affordable for New Yorkers and visitors alike, allowing members to pick up a bike close to home or work, ride, and then return it to any station in the system. Less than a year since the program opened Citi Bike has proven wildly popular way for New Yorkers to get around and visitors to explore the City.
Overview of Position:
Citi Bike is looking for experienced Call Center Supervisors who will supervise staff and assist with daily Call Center operations, with the goal of providing excellent customer service to Citi Bike members. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Supervise a team of call center staff. Supervisory responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain staff schedules and timesheets.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll in the NYCBS payroll system.
- Organize staffing: determine shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand.
- Conduct bi-weekly or monthly meetings to keep staff informed of all service-related updates.
- Review the performance of each team member.
- Identify training needs and plan training sessions, including phone/email scripts.
- Coach team members by providing detailed feedback about qualitative and quantitative work performance, attendance, work habits, goals, areas for improvement, and praise/recognition in order to increase customer service.
- Initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Learn to understand the call-center operations as a whole, and become familiar with the Shoretel, PBSC and NetSuite systems.
- Analyze performance trends and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Utilize Shoretel (ACD) to monitor telephone inquiries, queue status, and undertake queue actions.
- Investigate the root cause(s) of problems, and handle the most complex customer complaints or inquiries when escalated.
- Optimize the use of call resources (including personnel).
- Support strategic plans and objectives.
- Effectively communicate ideas, suggestions, and solutions with the Customer Service Manager to improve Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish NYC Bike Share’s Mission.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a call center supervisor.
- Minimum 3-5 years of call center experience.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Google Doc applications. Case management software experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player and leader by example.
- Flexible to work various shifts, as assigned.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to others' ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things.
- Ability to follow directions in a team environment.
- Excitement and interest in bike sharing is a must.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts will rotate to include weekends.
- Ability to report for work at the Citi Bike Call Center location.
NYC Bike Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
NYC Bike Share is a drug-free workplace.