About Citi Bike:
New York City's bike share system, Citi Bike, is a self-service system, stocked with thousands of bikes at hundreds of stations located throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan. Citi Bike is designed to be convenient, easy-to-use and affordable for New Yorkers and visitors alike, allowing members to pick up a bike close to home or work, ride, and then return it to any station in the system. Less than a year since the program opened, Citi Bike has proven wildly popular for New Yorkers to get around and visitors to explore the City.
Overview of Position:
Experienced, reliable team members are needed for our Customer Service Call Center. We are currently searching for candidates with previous experience and/or motivated quick learners. These positions require a friendly phone personality, great attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and efficiently. This is a customer contact position that requires patience, a great phone demeanor, excellent verbal and written communications, and reliable work attendance. The seasonal team we hire will be representing NYC Bike Share to our customers, so we will only hire the best: reliable, friendly, and detail-oriented people who will treat our customers exceedingly well. Candidates offered this role will need to successfully complete one week of paid training to be hired for the season. NYC Bike Share is located in Sunset, Brooklyn. All positions are hourly and seasonal, starting in April and working through late October.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Assist Citi Bike customers via phone, email, and social media.
- Provide extraordinary service to our customers at all times.
- Work as part of a Customer Service team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish NYC Bike Share's Mission.
- 6 months to a year experience working in a fast pace, back to back call handling in a call center environment.
- High comfort level with computer-based work. Google applications knowledge and Netsuite or similar CRM/Ticketing software a plus.
- Must be able to multitask between various web applications.
- Passionate about providing stellar service to customers.
- The ability to be as friendly and helpful at the end of an 8-hour shift as in the beginning of the shift.
- Ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining accuracy.
- Great attention to detail, and a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work various shifts during a 24 hour period, as schedules may vary from week to week.
- Solid record of good attendance at prior employer’s references.
All applications must be received online. No walk-ins or phone calls accepted. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to accept phone or email inquiries on application status. Applicants must follow these requirements in order to be considered.
NYC Bike Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
NYC Bike Share is a drug-free workplace.